The original Donald homestead, Manaia, was built on land that is now part of the Copthorne Solway Park complex. The Judd brothers, John and George, sons of the early Greytown settler John Judd purchased the property. They formed a road through their land, running along the boundary of the Solway Showgrounds, in 1910. This became Judds Road.
Bentley Street is named after another of the first European settler families in the area, that of Henry and Caroline Bentley, whose farm stretched from Opaki Road, across the Waipoua River, and down past Lincoln Road. The Bentley’s section 57 was subdivided for housing in the 1880s. The southern end of Bentley Street, from Lincoln Road south, was originally called George Street, supposedly after a Mr George, a Wellington developer of the land, although Henry and Caroline Bentley did have a son named George.