The street which followed the edge of the bank along the river was originally called The Terrace but, following the death of Mayor Thomas Jordan in 1945, the area was renamed Jordan Terrace in his honour. Terrace End is a small street leading from Jordan Terrace to the bank.
Rahiwi Place was formed in 1967 as a subdivision, and named after the property, previously owned by the Jameson family. Joe Jameson also farmed Tuhitarata in the South Wairarapa. The small street that runs along the top of the Lansdowne terrace, from Te Ore Ore Road down to the old entrance to Masterton Hospital, is named after the Chairman of the Wellington Education Board at the turn of the century, John Rutherford Blair. A prominent Wellington businessman, Blair owned a property at Tutaekara, north of Eketahuna.