In three cases streets were named after local citizens. Cooper Street was formed in 1920, and named after the developer, Alexander Cooper, a Masterton stock agent and auctioneer. When the Cooper Street extension was added in the late 1960s it was at first intended to call the new street Kauri Place, but the name was dropped and the extension retained Cooper’s name.
Lett Street is one of Lansdowne’s older streets, having been constructed in the early years of the 20th century. The Lett brothers who were well known as builders and contractors in Lansdowne and Masterton, developed the street, reputedly building most of its houses. In 1949 Churchill Avenue was built to connect Lett Street to Te Ore Ore Road Boltons Road at the top of Manuka Street was named for the farmer/builder/race horse owner Jimmy Bolton, who bought much of the land on the south side of the street and built a large house. The Masterton Golf Club occupies the north side of the street.